Job Title: Area Environmental Health Officer (Food and Occupational Safety)
Job reference: TCN/636700
Job description: A Local Authority in Yorkshire is looking for an Environmental Health Officer (Food and Occupational Safety) to assist in providing comprehensive Food, Licencing and Occupational Safety Services to the public.
- Uses professional competence and training to respond to enquiries and investigate complaints of food safety, health and safety and infectious disease. Obtains, evaluates and organises information to solve problems and aid decision making on public health and safety risks in the food and occupational service area. Refers complex issues to the Food, Licencing and Occupational Safety Manager for advice and guidance
- Responsible for inspecting food and occupational safety premises in accordance with an annual programme
- Respond to planning consultations, site development proposals and appraise/interpret technical reports submitted by consultants, provides observations to planning services on FOS matters, specifying recommendations or planning conditions for mitigation measures/obligations in line with adopted strategies and guidance. Liaises with forward planning on relevant matters.
- Prepares and maintains manual and computer records. Initiates and responds to correspondence received and initiates correspondence relating to duties carried out
- Takes a lead role for the provision of complex specified Food and Occupational Safety Service Areas. Deals with complex and non-routine enquiries, receives and responds to general correspondence and maintains files of contacts and a library of information relevant to the service. Prepares implements and updates standard working procedures, an annual work programme for the relevant service area that links to the Food, Health and Safety and Safer Communities service plan and corporate objectives
- Is required to work outside normal office hours. Is required to work in accordance with and have regard to all relevant council policy
The successful candidate must have experience working as an Environmental Health Officer within a Local Authority.
Hourly rate: £28.19
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson (email@example.com) or Thomas Nicholas (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.