Interim Deputy Borough Solicitor/Deputy Monitoring Officer– London – 3-6 months – Hybrid -
Venn Group’s specialist legal team is currently working with an established Local authority in the South East of England who are recruiting for an Interim Deputy Borough Solicitor/Deputy Monitoring Officer to join their department.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week. The role is offered for an initial period of 3-6 months. However, this may be extended. This is a hybrid job with the expectation of a minimum of 1 day per week in the office.
- a small legal team comprising 2 planning lawyers, 3 property lawyers and 1 litigation lawyer and 1 legal admin assistant (full and part-time staff).
- 1 x FOI officer (F/T)
- 1 x DPO officer (F/T)
- Potentially managing the Local Land Charges Team comprising 1 x FT and 1 x PT (subject to discussion and agreement)
- Allocation of legal work
- 121s and Performance Management
- Leading on high-profile commercial transactions
- Client liaison
- Acting as DMO (there is one other DMO)
- Assisting the Executive Head of Legal & Democratic Services & MO
- Some committee attendance (full Council and Executive) primarily when the Executive Head of Legal & Democratic Services is on leave.
- Experienced Local Government Solicitor, Barrister or CILEX.
- Preferably been a MO or DMO.
- Managing a team of lawyers at a senior level in local government.
- Has a commercial background that has ideally covered property, planning and contracts
- Will need to be hands on and prepared to handle various commercial legal work.
- Preferably able to advise on local authority corporate governance issues and handle standards allegations.
- Clearing committee reports.
For further information, please contact Alexander Rasaq at Venn Group, by responding to this advert.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency which welcomes applications from all candidates.