Building Surveyor Required, Nottingham, Temp to Perm £20 to £25 per hour
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor for a large client based in Nottingham.
The successful candidates will be/have:
- Manage and control contractors across all campuses to carry out agreed maintenance works as required across a wide range of building types and employ all trades as necessary.
- Liaise and build good working relationships with the Estates Maintenance Services team, surveyors and engineers.
- Identify building defects to university buildings and liaise with building occupants to ensure minimum inconvenience to facilitate repair works
- Provide support and guidance on all aspect of building fabric maintenance and refurbishment. Ensure Planning Applications, Building Regulations, liaison with the local authority and other applicable statutory requirements on all projects within Building Surveyors responsibility
- Liaise with and advise clients to produce a detailed brief, prepare cost plans, discuss budgets and identify time scales
- As required, to work with the Framework & Contracts Supplier Relationships Manager and colleagues in Procurement to manage framework agreements and term maintenance contracts.
- Prepare feasibility reports and cost plans to specific projects to aid Estates senior management and departmental key contracts to maximise available funds.
You will also be immediately available for work (1 week notice period at maximum).
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Josh Hughes or Tom Wilkinson on 0121 616 0682, quotingthe job title.
Should this e-mail reach you and it is not applicable but you are looking for work, please forward your CV and it will be passed to the relevant team.