Childcare Locum Solicitor
Vacancy Ref: 61912
A position has arisen for a Childcare Locum to join a local authority based in the South West on an interim basis.
Location: Wiltshire, close to M4
Duration: 6 months +
Hours: Full-time (part-time considered)
Rate: £55-60ph (Umb)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Pre-Proceedings meetings
- Undertaking advocacy in the Magistrates and County Court
- Managing your own caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
- Preparing s. 31 cases ready for issuing with the Court
- Carrying out advocacy at CMC, directions, interim hearings and at advocates meetings
- Advising client social workers in safeguarding children matters including private law and s37 matters
- Conducting hearings to include Contested and Final Contested
- Be responsible for matters including child protection orders, section 8 orders, proceedings, special guardianship orders and Emergency Protection Orders
- Deprivation of Liberty and Secure Accommodation orders
- Female Genital Mutilation Protection orders
- Forced Marriage Protection orders
- Placement and Adoption Orders
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Jeffry Jolly on 0117 930 8760 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.