Childcare Paralegal – Local Authority – 3 months initially – Remote Working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a busy Local Authority in Central London, known for their excellent quality of work, who are recruiting for a Locum Childcare Paralegal to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (35 hours), with the initial period 3 months and then a possibility to extend. The rate is £20 per hour umbrella. Remote working is also offered for this role.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Childcare Paralegal to become part of a proactive Local Authority with a great reputation.
The role will include, amongst others, the following key duties:
- Experience of dealing with routine legal enquiries and casework
- Conduct a small caseload of section 7 Children Act 1989 cases
- Minute taking at Legal Planning meetings
- Preparing bundles in line with relevant Practice Direction
- Providing paralegal support to childcare lawyers
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Children Act 1989 and public law proceedings
- Must display flexibility, able to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines
- Must be able to work as part of a support team and under your own initiative
- As the team uses an electronic case management system as well as electronic bundles and a digital courtroom, candidates need to be highly IT literate
- Experience in a paralegal capacity in a local authority childcare team is desirable but not essential
For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email email@example.com.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.