Children’s Placement Commissioning Officer
Vacancy Ref: 7108850
A position has arisen for an Commissioning Officer within a prestigious local authority in the South West to work alongside and make a difference within their Child Services team.
The team work hard finding homes and families for our children, either with internal or independent foster families, in residential homes and in 16+ supported living.
Location: South West – Hybrid
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: £350 per day
IR35 Status: Inside
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using sound market knowledge and relationships, bringing an enhanced conversation for complex searches and supporting collaborative working with providers to enable effective matching
- Responsibilities for market management and the allocation of resources and purchasing within Children’s Services.
- To lead on projects, set up project groups, monitoring progress and ensuring implementation
- Assist with the planning and coordination of bespoke and contingency arrangements supporting stability and step down from high level intervention
- Build a rapport with key stakeholders and partners to find solutions that make a difference
- Experience of implementing policies and strategies within local government
- Track record of market management for placements and supporting commissioning strategy
- Experience with children services legislation and practices
This position is an excellent opportunity to make a positive change within a local authority while furthering your own management skills and knowledge of child services
For further information, please contact Olli Attwood or Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to OAttwood@venngroup.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.