Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £53,000
Hybrid: Hybrid/Remote & flexible working
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Commercial Solicitor to join a Local Authority in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of commercial contracts and procurement matters, supporting the council in its day-to-day operations and strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for providing expert legal advice and support on a variety of commercial contracts and procurement matters. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including senior management, procurement teams, and various business units, ensuring legal compliance, mitigating risks and optimising commercial outcomes.
The Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where individuals are valued for their unique perspectives and contributions. They offer a supportive and collaborative environment that encourages professional growth and development.
- Salary £50,000 – £53,000
- Hybrid working with significant remote working
- Formal policy allowing for flexible working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 36 after five years continuous service
- Option to buy an additional 10 days annual leave per annum
- Manage a caseload of commercial and procurement matters
- Advise on complex legal issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and policies
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts
- Advise on public procurement regulations and tendering processes
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders
- Promote effective decision-making
- Liaise with external legal counsel
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum of 5 years' PQE
- Extensive experience advising on commercial law and procurement
- Knowledge of UK commercial law, contract law & public procurement regulations
- Experience in handling commercial negotiations
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Local Authority experience (desirable but not essential)
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.