Communications and Marketing Officer
We are currently working with a local authority who require the interim assistance of a Communications and Marketing Officer to work as a member of a small multi-skilled team delivering proactive internal and external communications and marketing alongside stakeholder consultation and engagement.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver effective communication plans and content that support the council’s ambitions
- Liaise with teams, projects and services to create news content that promotes the work of the council that is suitable for use by the media and on the council’s own channels
- Manage the council’s day to day contact with media sources, developing positive working relationships and draft/co-ordinate responses to requests for comment or information
- Lead on the day-to-day management of the Council’s social media accounts, including the creation and scheduling of engaging content
- Create and deliver creative communication and marketing plans, campaigns and content
- Support the delivery of internal communication activities that are tailored different internal audiences
- Support the council’s communications response in emergency situations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering public relations activity
- Experience of delivering communications activities to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of developing and delivering successful social media campaigns and online content
- An understanding of marketing and sales, and its application within the public sector
- Experience of supporting the management of finances, performance and risk for a campaign, project or service
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience (inside IR35)
Start: Dec 2021/Jan 2022
Duration: 3-6 months with likely extensions
REMOTE WORKING (some onsite visits for media duties)
Full JD available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.