Communications Officer (Press Officer)
Venn Group's specialist Communications division are pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Communications/Press Officer, initially a 3-month interim contract with an established public sector organisation based in West & South Yorkshire.
The post holder must have good communication skills and the ability to liaise with various departments effectively, internally and externally.
Your duties will include:
- Providing support to develop, maintain, enhance and, where necessary, defend the reputation of the organisation
- Preparing press releases and briefing documents
- Working with local, regional, trade and national broadcast, print and online media outlets
- Supporting the development of news media strategies and providing media advice and support to colleagues
- Preparing weekly media activity grid and coverage reports and attending a weekly planning meeting
The role will initially be based remotely and therefore must have the ability to work effectively from home.
To apply for this role or to find out about other Communications jobs, please contact Felicity Underwood or on 0113 234 6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.