Community Social and Childcare Lawyer – 3 months initially – Full Time – Local Authority
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a busy Local Authority in London, who are known for their excellent team culture, who are recruiting for a Community Services Lawyer to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (35 hours per week). This role is fully remote working.
- To provide high level and proactive advice and assistance in Social Services law, including acting as an in-house advocate
- To have conduct of a Social Services caseload
- To provide specialist and pro-active legal advice and assistance at a senior level on all aspects of Social Services matters (including childcare, adoption, judicial reviews, community care and mental health)
- To act as in-house advocate and undertake a minimum of 12 hearings per year in Social Services cases and to assist the Principal Advocacy Lawyer (Advocacy) and the Principal Lawyer (Childcare) in monitoring and reducing the spend on Counsel
- The post holder will play a key role in providing a comprehensive and efficient legal service to Children’s Services dealing primarily with care proceedings but also to include placement orders, adoption and PLO, general children’s social care matters
- The work also incorporates advising on disclosure and Data Protection, attending Legal Planning Meetings PLO meetings and being on the duty lawyer rota
- It may also include completing data relating to the child care team
- Admitted solicitor or qualified barrister with childcare experience in public law proceedings.
- Experience of advocacy and of dealing with complex social services matters including childcare, adoption, judicial review, community care and mental health.
- Recent local authority experience
Interested? For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email email@example.com.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.