Vacancy Ref: 7074730
Venn Group are currently recruiting for an interim Company Secretary for a well-regarded Unitary Authority in the South West to develop and implement processes to promote and sustain excellent corporate governance of the Council owned private limited companies and to be regarded by the Boards as its trusted adviser.
This role can be carried out remotely for the most part although there will be occasions whereby travel to the Council locality will be required.
Location: South West
Duration: 3 months initially
Rate: £400/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Advising the company directors on company law and financial regulations
- Keeping under review legislative, regulatory and governance issues which may impact the companies and ensuring that the Board is effectively briefed on them and the companies remain compliant
- Advising the Chair of each Board and the Director of Housing on issues of concern or conflicts of interest
- A degree in a relevant subject such as business, law, accountancy, public administration
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act 2006
- Professional competence in being able to take the lead on company secretary responsibilities including the business administration and governance of companies
To apply for this position, please contact Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.