Consultant of Public Health/Public Health Medicine (Test and Trace)
We are currently working with an established public sector organisation who are in need of a full qualified and registered Consultant in Public Health to join them on an interim basis until at least September 2022. They are looking for someone with sound working experience who can hit the ground running and can provide expertise and knowledge for the next 12 months.
Please see below for further information on the opportunity:
Job Title: Consultant of Public Health/Public Health Medicine (Test and Trace)
Duration: Until end of Sep 2022
Start Date: Sep 2021
Rate: £750 per day (Inside IR35)
Remote working with the potential to have occasionally office visits
You will be overseeing the Test & Trace Function with specific focus on the Communications & Engagement Team, which will also filter into some exciting events that will crossover with the need for Health Protection.
Some Key Functions Include:
- To lead the Test and Trace response for the organisation/area
- Providing public health specialist advice on health protection, incident management and infection prevention and control
- Using and interpreting data to assess the population’s health
- To support the Chief Executive, Corporate Directors, Elected Members and colleagues in translating strategic vision and priorities for Test and Trace into operational plans, monitoring their progress on a regular basis, identifying exceptions
- To work with colleagues to identify and determine the best models of service delivery for Test and Trace related services and functions, which deliver high quality outcomes and performance and a high-quality customer experience
- To provide strong professional and managerial leadership across the organisation, including setting clear objectives and measures, managing performance and resources, and assessing impact/risk
- To create a working environment where employees will flourish and deliver services to the highest possible standard; coordinating and managing a team who are currently remote working
- To develop/negotiate joint approaches to local service planning and delivery in partnership with all the relevant internal and external services providers and regional and national bodies
- To develop and maintain positive and creative relationships with diverse stakeholders including; elected members, council officers and other external agencies in order to maximise joint effort and pool resources wherever possible
- To develop a robust performance management system for the Test and Trace service
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List or UK Public Health Register (UKPHR). If included in the GMC/GDC Specialist Register in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
- MFPH by examination, by exemption or by assessment
- A thorough understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework which guides local government/ the public sector
- Experience of proven strategic leadership and consistent achievement as a senior leader in a broadly comparable environment
Full Job Description/Person Specification is available upon request.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.