Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in London to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join their IT and Digital department.
The client operates an entirely Azure estate, and have a large schedule of work relating to Power Platform and Dynamics CRM.
The DevOps Engineer will streamline the software development lifecycle to improve developer productivity, delivery speed, and code quality.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with development, operations and security teams to identify and resolve pain points and inefficiencies in delivery workflows.
The salary banding for this role is £62,502 - £71,445.
Flexible working is offered, with the team attending the offices in London once a week.
Sponsorship is not available for this role - candidates will require the Right to Work in the UK.
Responsibilities in post:
- Streamline the software development lifecycle by identifying pain points and productivity barriers and determining ways to resolve them
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including development, operations, quality assurance and security, to streamline processes
- Provide guidance to development teams to improve performance and operability of the solutions they develop
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipelines to improve developer productivity, agility and code quality
- Build automated testing to reduce manual effort and improve product quality
- Monitor and manage application performance and service quality, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cases and issue resolution
- Promote DevOps principles and culture across the DD&T
- Define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Monitor processes during development lifecycle for adherence and update or create new processes for improvement and minimising wastage
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible
Desired skills and experience:
- Significant experience working on Microsoft Stack
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools
- Experience with agile development and strong understanding of DevOps principles
- Experience in configuration management, test-driven development and release management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
If you meet the above criteria for this requirement, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 72 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.