A position has arisen at a London based University for an Employee Relations Manager to oversee organisational change and restructuring programmes, employee grievances, disputes, and disciplinary matters, ensuring fair treatment and compliance with University policies and employment law.
The post holder will partner with key academic and professional services staff across the university to provide high-quality HR direction in relation to a wide range of matters.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage relations between the University and its recognised trade unions, undertaking a lead role in consulting and implementing organisational change
- Supervise employee relations disciplinary cases, working with the relevant managers, staff and trades union representatives
- Work with the HR Advisor on the management of sickness absence, performance management, exit interview information etc
- Partner with senior business stakeholders to develop and implement Employee Relations best practices and programs
- Prepare and carry out cases for Employment Tribunals as required
- Collate and analyse employee feedback across all levels on a regular basis and revise people programs
- Advise on and positively encourage the application of best practice in employment matters with regard to equality and diversity objectives
The successful candidate must have:
- Higher Education experience is essential
- Experience of working in an HR department, specializing in Employee Relations
- Experience of leading on change projects, grievances issues and disciplinaries
- Understanding and appreciation of equality and diversity issues in employment
Agency Reference Number: J77760
Duration: 9 month, Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £54,000 per annum
Hybrid Working Pattern: Up to 3 days in the office per week
This role will be actively shortlisted for so please apply soon to ensure the best chance of being shortlisted.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.