Environmental Protection Officer – Purchasing
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: £315 p/d (umbrella, Inside IR35)
Hybrid working – Birmingham area
Our client, a local authority in the West Midlands is seeking an Environmental Protection Officer to carry out up to 125 inspections before the end of March 2024.
This will be completed over 25 working days maximum and 4-5 inspections are expected per day.
You will play a crucial role by specialising in environmental purchasing and compliance checks for dry cleaners, petrol stations, and other relevant facilities under environmental purchasing to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
This role involves conducting thorough audits and permit compliance checks to ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
- Assess and evaluate the environmental impact of purchasing practices in various establishments, with a focus on dry cleaners and petrol stations
- Collaborate with businesses to implement environmentally responsible procurement strategies
- Conduct regular compliance checks at designated facilities to ensure adherence to environmental regulations
- Identify and address any deviations from environmental standards, providing guidance on corrective actions
- Manage and monitor environmental permits for businesses, ensuring all activities align with the terms and conditions specified
- Work closely with regulatory agencies to obtain and renew permits as required
- Maintain accurate records of audits, compliance checks, and permit-related activities
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing findings, recommendations, and corrective actions
- Provide guidance on sustainable practices and emerging environmental regulations
- Review and provide environmental input on planning applications to ensure alignment with sustainability goals
- Assess and process licensing applications, evaluating their environmental impact and recommending necessary conditions
- Previous experience in environmental purchasing, compliance monitoring, or regulatory audits (desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant environmental laws and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational abilities
If you are interested in the role, we would love to hear from you! Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.