An established international investment bank is looking for an interim Executive Director to act as Head of Service Operations for the business.
The Technology department includes areas of Information Technology, Infrastructure, Transformation, Security and Enterprise Programs. The team is also responsible for the delivery and operations of technology in support of various lines of business and clients.
The successful candidate must be able to design and implement processes and systems to support service delivery of end user systems as well as the ability to develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for reporting, tracking and resolving client problems. You must constantly monitor and direct the effectiveness/performance of IT infrastructure services and lead efforts to continually deliver the business value of IT products and services.
A key part of this role is the development of existing staff to enhance efficiency and service quality. You will be responsible for workforce scheduling and forecasting and for all Conflict Management. It is expected that you have tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and effectively dealing with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group or situation level.
- Providing approval or signoff for project and operational changes for the infrastructure environment.
- Balancing resource allocation, workforce planning requirements, and management of people to support multiple client groups / lines of business.
- Playing a lead role in the management of high impacting projects and operational problems or incidents affecting multiple lines of business.
- Ensuring high impacting changes go through the appropriate risk mitigation processes.
- Provide recommendations in final decision making on project and problem management that directly impact system stability and management.
Work Experience must inlcude:
- Relationship Management - Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Presentations - Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- IT Environment - Knowledge of investment banking organization's total Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Information Management--Knowledge of organization’s existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management (IM) Methodology.
This role will require the supervision of between 5-15 FTE. And an Operating Budget of between £3 – 5 million, therefore experience acting as an experienced manager with several years of experience engaging with and working at a senior level is a prerequisite.