Finance Officer (Purchase Ledger Assistance)
Onsite training for the first two weeks, then fully remote
We are currently working with a Public Sector Organisation in the Midlands who require the assistance of a Finance officer to maintain the purchase ledger. You will also be involved in the initiating and inputting of information surrounding new suppliers.
- Process new and existing supplier invoices onto a financial system efficiently, ensuring purchase orders are used where necessary
- Maintain clear lines of communication between the organisation and supplier to minimise problematic scenarios
- Liaise with suppliers and service areas in a proactive manner to resolve queries as quickly and smoothly as possible
- To assist with the administrative tasks associated with the principle activities of the department
- To comply with policies surrounding Data Quality, Absence Management, Health and Safety and Equality
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience working within a financial setting, ideally within the Public Sector
- Experience of using and maintaining Purchase Ledger Systems
- Knowledge of financial processes including purchase ordering and processing invoices
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite abilities to manage varying information sources
- Sound working practices to ensure maximum efficacy, working collaboratively and independently
Full JD available upon request
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Duration: 1 – 3 months initially with likely extensions
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team at J.Kumar@venngroup.com or call 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you are not currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.