Venn Group are working with an NHS Trustin the West Midlands to supply a band 7 Finanical Accountant on a temporary contract (3 months approx). The role is predominantly wokring from home but may require travel to the site (but this is extremly limited - likely to be once a fortnight). If you have recnt experience of working in the NHS at band 7 then please get in touch. Responsibilities for the role are found below (please note: these are a snapshot of the key duties and are not limited to such)
- Oversee the management and control of the asset accounting system including the extraction of relevant data, as required
- Maintain the Trust’s capital programme, providing monitoring reports on capital expenditure. The post-holder will support the Head of Financial Accounting in facilitating monthly meetings of the Capital Expenditure Group, providing reports and information, as necessary
- To monitor and advise the Head of Financial Accounting /Deputy Director of Finance of the Trust’s daily/weekly/monthly cash position. Maintenance of the annual cash plan and maintenance and improvement of systems to monitor, forecast and report cash flow.
- Maintain systems to ensure the timely raising of debts. Monitoring of the Trust’s debtor balances to progress the speedy recovery of all outstanding monies owed in line with Trust policy, including timely referral to the appointed debt recovery agent.
- To support the Head of Financial Accounting in the maintenance of the Trust’s banking facilities
- Supervise staff involved with the accounting for charitable funds, advising on treatment of requests for expenditure. Ensure reports and information required by Committee is available as required.
For further details please contact the Public Sector Finance team on 0121 616 0660 or email email@example.com