Expense Team Associate - Banking
We are looking for a Motivated Junior Financial Controllers to play a pivotal role in a global bank on a hybrid basis. The role mainly involves financial support and control function throughout various branches in Europe. If you have a strong financial acumen, regulatory expertise, and a knack for delivering precise financial insights, this could be the right fit for you!
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that each branch complies with the unique financial regulatory reporting requirements in their respective jurisdictions.
- Financial Reporting: Bridge the financial information gap between our branches and headquarters management, enabling effective decision-making.
- Cashbook Oversight: Review branch-provided cashbooks, posting journal entries to maintain financial accuracy.
- Accrual and Asset Management: Maintain accrual schedules and fixed assets registers, facilitating monthly non-cashbook entries to enhance financial clarity.
- Variance Analysis: Conduct regular variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis, validating the precision of our financial records.
- Regulatory Reporting: Prepare and submit vital regulatory reports (FINREP, COREP, statistic reports, etc.) to central banks, ensuring compliance.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Coordinate monthly and quarterly review meetings with a diverse group of stakeholders, promoting effective financial communication.
- IFRS16 Expertise: Offer expertise and support regarding IFRS16 accounting standards.
- Tax Compliance: Prepare annual accounts for tax return purposes, collaborating with local tax consultants to maintain compliance.
- Ad-Hoc Support: Tackle ad-hoc tasks, including invoice processing on behalf of F&C London and maintenance of provisional accounts, showcasing adaptability and versatility.
- Project Collaboration: Support the Financial Controller on projects and handle ad hoc requests, becoming an integral part of the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A background in financial services (preferred)
- Strong accounting and business knowledge.
- Proficiency in Excel, including mastery of formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience with reporting systems, IT, and analytical tools (preferred).
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent analytical abilities.
- The ability to work flexibly and respectfully to meet the company's needs.
- Team player who can collaborate effectively in a small team of subject experts.
- Demonstrated ability to excel under pressure, particularly regarding tight reporting deadlines.
If you have experience within financial services and want to continue development in regulatory compliance and financial control, please submit your CV to this advert and a member of the Financial Services team will be in touch.