Venn Group has partnered with an established not-for-profit organisation in Cambridgeshire to recruit for an experienced Financial Controller. You will have overall responsibility for the day to day accounting function to ensure the department delivers a high standard of service to the global organisation, and operates in accordance with established accounting principles and industry best practice. As well as leading the preparation of the organisation’s annual statutory accounts, this role will also be responsible for managing the annual external audit process.
Your duties will include:
- Completing necessary statutory returns and filings in an accurate and timely manner, in particular P11ds and VAT returns
- Preparing month and year end journals in order to ensure correct reporting
- Overseeing the maintenance of the accounting ledgers, ensuring regular reviews and reconciliations are performed, and that transactions are properly evidenced with supporting documentation
- Maintain the treasury function including cash flow reporting
- Taking ownership of the month-end process, ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis
- Managing and developing a small team of direct reports including a Financial Accountant, an Assistant Financial Accountant, and a Finance Officer
- Supporting Fundraising team members to ensure fundraising activities are completed in the most tax efficient manner
The ideal candidate will be qualified or QBE with a strong technical understanding of charity SORP, FRS 102 and UK GAAP.
In return you’ll receive 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas close down, group life insurance, and 8% pension contribution amongst many others. The office is just a few minutes’ walk from glorious historic buildings and museums, the picturesque River Cam, the central market and shopping centre, and a host of cafés and restaurants.
If you are interested in this position please apply now.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates