Financial Controller - Banking - AVP
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join a global bank on an initial contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily review of Profit and Loss (P&L), attribution analysis, and maintaining control over trading balance sheets and P&L products while the bank is embarking on a strategic transformation, transitioning our General Ledger functionality to the Oracle Cloud from an internally-built legacy system. Additionally, you will oversee period-end finance processes to ensure accurate financial reporting and support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process for the Oracle Cloud project.
As a Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in this transition while maintaining a commitment to meeting crucial reporting deadlines and ensuring the accuracy of our financial and trading activities.
- Prepare and present regular P&L reports, providing insights into financial performance and variance analysis to stakeholders.
- Manage trading balance sheet and P&L product and financial control.
- Oversee period-end finance processes to ensure the accurate completion of financial reporting.
- Provide crucial support during the UAT process for the Oracle Cloud project, ensuring a successful go-live.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified or Part-qualified Accountant.
- Solid understanding of Securities products including Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Swaps, etc.
- Knowledge on the accounting and valuation for the above products
- Expertise in Period-End Close processes and problem-solving typical issues within that process.
- 5+ years prior experience in the Securities industry within Finance and/or Product Control
- Ability to manipulate large trade-based datasets and pivot tables within Excel
- Ability to fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests for senior management and the Front Office.
- Excellent stakeholder communication skills.
- Familiarity with systems such as Gloss settlement and subledger systems, and any Derivatives system. Proficiency in MS Excel, and Access (less important).
- Prior experience in testing/UAT participation, particularly related to subledger/accounting rules engines and GL migrations.
If you have experience within financial services and want to continue development in regulatory compliance and financial control, please submit your CV to this advert and a member of the Financial Services team will be in touch.