Freedom of Information Officer – Initial 3 months – Ongoing basis - Full Time – Remote Working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a busy Local Authority who are known for their excellent team culture, who are recruiting for A Freedom of Information Officer to join their department.
This is a full-time assignment (35 hours per week), with initially 3 months being offered on a rolling basis. The is a remote working role.
- Ensuring they provide a timely and effective response to the FOI/ EIR/ DPA requests made to us by a range of people
- Handling routine requests in a timely way that meets legal requirements and has appropriate senior management input.
- Providing good, high quality responses to Freedom of Information requests are key to maintaining the department's reputation.
- Providing support and advice on information management matters across the organisation, including developing a good understanding of what information is being created and held by the organisation, its value and determining how long it should be kept for.
- Ensuring timely responses to queries from the DPA and FOI inboxes by engaging with Seniors and colleagues where appropriate to offer an exceptional service and promote added value when dealing with queries; both internal and external.
- Effective oversight and management of Freedom of Information.
- Knowledge/exposure to DPA (Data Protection Act) SAR (Subject Access Request)
Interested? For further information, please contact Imogen Boles Gray on 020 7557 7667, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is to start as soon as possible therefore please do not hesitate in applying.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.