Job Title: Head of Service – Asset Management
Job reference: SGL/24112021
Job description: A local authority in Greater Manchester is looking for a Head of Asset Management to provide professional expertise for the organisation. The role is to start on a temporary basis for at least 6 months working on a 37 hour per week basis.
- Manage and implement Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) and undertake, and where applicable complete
- Undertake a thorough review of all assets and create a refreshed asset database
- Produce and implement an action plan for increasing net revenues from property assets, by reducing the number of non-income generating, expired, zero rated, peppercorn leases and/or reducing the number of low / no value leased assets
- Provide Leadership and Direction to the Corporate Landlord team and our outsourced Property Partners (Estates/FM/Compliance)
- In conjunction with partners and stakeholders, formulate strategic recommendations concerning the opportunities for developing and/or maximising the use of property assets
- Apply risk management and whole life costing concepts in the assessment and appraisal of opportunities
- Develop and implement departmental Service Improvement Action Plans relating to the Asset Management and Estates function
- Effectively manage budgets, including capital and revenue allocations and appropriate facilitating funds
- Identify appropriate staff training and development opportunities and implement them where necessary and within budget provision.
- Chair interview panels for the appointment of Asset Management staff, as required
The successful candidate should have:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or similar qualification in Property Development/Estates Management/Valuation/Asset Management with proven post qualification experience
- A formal management qualification or other systematic management development incorporating leadership, time management and goal setting
Hourly Rate: £30.00+ p/hour
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.