Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards
We are currently working with an organisation who are needing the interim support of an experienced Head of Environmental Health and Trading Standards who has worked extensively within the Public Sector, specifically local government. Please see below for further details:
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Health or Trading Standards Officer with management qualification & significant senior management experience. You will effectively manage the Environmental Health and Trading Standards (EHTS) function for the Local Authority and provide direct leadership and a strong sense of direction and purpose for all employees in the service area.
- Provide effective leadership and management and work effectively with partners (both within and outside the organisation) to enable the effective delivery of Environmental Health and Trading Standards functions.
- Deliver an effective and active contribution to the portfolio of service functions led by the respective Director
- Advise the Director on matters relating to Environmental Health and Trading Standards
- Contribute to the implementation of the health protection plan and actions to address the wider determinants of health within the borough. This includes contribution of the EHTS service to delivering the actions in the COVID 19 Local Outbreak Management Plan
- Plan and deliver services based on sound intelligence, evidence base, good risk management, regard to statutory and legal requirements and local need and evaluate outcomes
- Liaise with national government bodies such as DEFRA, BEIS, Office of Product Safety and Standards, Environment Agency, Food Standards Agency and Health and Safety Executive to ensure the statutory guidance and codes of practice are developed and implemented accordingly
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of managing environmental health or trading standards and have a related qualification within environment health/trading standards
- An in depth understanding of any key national, regional or local trends in environmental health and trading standards
Duration: Up to six months
Rate: Up to £400 per day via umbrella company status (Inside IR35)
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team