Urgent Requirement – Health and Safety Officer – 6 Months – Birmingham
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer for a large organisation based in Birmingham City Centre. This role can pay an hourly rate between £18 and £22 per hour dependent on experience and will last a minimum of 6 months.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for maintaining safety management systems, reviewing and refreshing existing policies and processes, promoting best practice and ensuring full compliance whilst reinforcing a positive safety culture.
- Working with the senior leadership team to develop, organise and implement written policies, guidelines and procedures, verbal communications and practical involvement fulfilling the legal requirement of competent person
- To participate in and monitor the site safety management system, and to attend whole Team H&S meetings and Biosafety meetings in order to promote the philosophy and obtain feedback to ensure consistency in standards and approach
- Working with the training team, ensure adequate provision of H&S training for employees, through external training providers
- Participate in team inspections and audits, giving guidance to the management audit team
- Organise Health and Safety data and monitor training matrix