VACANCY – Homeless Support Worker
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 09:00am – 17:00pm)
Pay: £12.20 per Hour Inclusive Of Holiday Pay
Venn Group is currently recruiting an experienced Support Worker based in Coventry. This opportunity is looking for candidates who have a strong background with customer service and supporting clients that are at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide general practical and emotional support to people in the service in order to promote clients independence and recovery
- A level of understanding of housing related support and experience of working with vulnerable people
- Providing support, advice and advocacy in matters related to housing, health, mental health, addiction, employment, benefits and offending
- Work with clients and in partnership with external services to establish client’s recovery goals
- Provide advice and support to clients that are struggling to maintain their tenancies and who are at risk of homelessness
- Assess referrals providing brief interventions and signpost where necessary
- Encourage clients to access employment opportunities
- Ensure that vulnerable adults and children are safeguarded
- Previous experience in a related role
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kim Parsons on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.