VACANCY – Housing Strategy & Modernisation Service Manager
Location: Birmingham and WFH
Length: 1 year with the potential of going permanent
Salary: £21.05 Umbrella
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours PW
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Housing Strategy & Modernisation Service Manager to be based in Birmingham. You will support the Housing service around housing strategy, commissioning, partnerships, business planning, performance management and programme delivery activities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Actively contribute to assessing and improving quality of overall service provision
- Research policy and legislative changes that impact on specific service areas, conduct impact analysis and help to formulate consultation responses
- Ensure that the services within the Housing Division have robust data and intelligence in place to inform strategy and planning
- Effectively monitor performance across the Housing Division and impact of service change
- To undertake commissioning, contract management, policy and planning activity across the Housing Division
- Conduct needs analyses, value for money exercises and service reviews.
- Support the transformation and improvement of the Council’s Housing services including improving efficiency, outcomes for customers and improved commercial management.
- Support on the development and implementation of housing strategies and service improvement solutions that help deliver efficiencies within the service and improve customer experience.
- Consult and work with other Heads of Service and Senior Leadership teams within the Council to fully understand business needs and design, manage and lead on transformation interventions
- Support services across the housing division to design and develop innovative solutions to solve critical business problems, improve efficiency and deliver against purpose
- Support on and enable evidence based decision making through the use of service metrics, intelligence and data analysis
- Take a shared responsibility in developing service policies, procedures and systems in line with relevant legislation and support on the development of BCC’s homeless/housing strategy
- Support to develop strategies, business plans and programmes for housing services, including prepare for future policy and practice changes driven by national and local policy changes. Support the implementation of new policies in operational practice
- Prepare reports, briefings and attend Cabinet Members Committees and sub-Committees (or any equivalent decision making bodies set up by the Council) as required by the Head of Service
- Be aware of and provide recommendations to a range of legislative changes affecting local government in the housing context
- Prepare business plans, business cases and funding bids to support the effective delivery of housing services
- Support the Head of Service in maintaining oversight of relevant housing programmes, project plans, strategies, including the development of existing and new IT systems
- Effectively manage and ensure staff management responsibilities are met through successful planning
- Support stakeholder engagement and consultation processes, including housing service review and strategic research activities
- Develop and maintain positive working partnerships with all relevant partners/external agencies and foster a joined-up working approach with those who can help deliver housing solutions
- Said candidates will have a proven track record of working within in a housing sector environment, developing and delivering housing services and successfully supporting the implementation of change programmes
- Full Licence with access to vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Dugmore (Associate Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.