VACANCY – Housing Support Worker
Hours: 37hours per week (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Pay Rate: £18,562 per annum
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to be based in Birmingham working for a market leading charity. Our client is looking for an individual who will deliver high quality person centred housing support with strong background working with vulnerable individuals. Said candidate must hold a full driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage a caseload of service users, helping them to maintain their accommodation and work towards an independent lifestyle. This may include giving advice and support on setting up their home, getting the right benefits, budgeting, health issues, getting access to training and employment and other independent living skills
- Work with the service user and other professionals to identify individual service user needs and ensure that an appropriate, purposeful programme of support is prepared, implemented, recorded and regularly reviewed
- Manage and attend appointments with service users in community settings or the service user’s home. The frequency of appointments will depend on the individual needs of the service user
- Contribute to the initial and ongoing assessment (including risk assessment) of service users
- Liaise and cooperate with relevant professionals from housing, health and social care agencies, the local community and relatives of the service user. This will ensure that all appropriate resources are identified and used for the benefit of the service user
- Work effectively in partnership with other service providers, to find solutions that will benefit the service user
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in accordance with organisational and national standards
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field and contribute to the continuing development of charities services.
- Prepare reports when required.
- Maintain high standards of office security, confidentiality and administration. This includes ensuring the safe and secure keeping of files on the premises and any premises used
- Carry out all aspects of the role cost effectively and in line with the charities policies, the requirement of funders and all relevant clinical standards/frameworks. You’ll need to consult appropriate sources of expertise where necessary.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of yourself, service users, relevant others (particularly children and vulnerable adults) and members of the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- An enhanced DBS
- Hold a full driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
- Previous experience working in this position
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Katie Dugmore on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations