Interim Finance Business Partner
Rate: Negotiable Rate (via an Umbrella Company Inside IR35)
Duration: 3 – 6 Months Initially with possible extensions
Fully remote working
We are working with a Local Government who require a Finance Business Partner to work alongside the Head of Financial Business Partnering to ensure the effective financial management of services under the remit of the post and provide financial advice and challenge to support delivery of services and achievement of Corporate Plan objectives.
- To take ownership of management responsibilities within the service area and deliver the objectives and priorities of the Council, through engagement, consultation and negotiation with all stakeholders, utilising highly developed skills of persuasion
- To maintain and develop professional knowledge, skills, and experience to further enhance service delivery and support colleagues both within the service area and Council wide
- To have a detailed understanding of relevant legislation and underlying concepts and principles of Local Government Finance
- To support the Head of Financial Business Partnering in the motivational leadership of teams ensuring clarity of direction, effective communication and the development of employee’s full potential. This will include deputising for the Head of Financial Business Partnering where appropriate
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Business Partnering to lead the financial planning and budget setting process for the services within the remit of the role
- To provide strategic financial advice to Directorates to influence decision making and support service delivery and improvements
- To ensure that appropriate financial procedures are in place and that the Council’s Financial Regulations and Budgetary Framework operate effectively and work with service areas to address any areas of weakness
- To highlight to the Head of Financial Business Partnering where this is not the case
- CCAB or CIMA qualified Accountant and evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Previous experience of working as a Finance Business Partner within a Borough Economy or similar Finance team. The service covers services such as:
- Parks & Visitor Centre Services
- Libraries & Museum
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a finance role with preferably some in a Local Government setting
- Experience of managing and developing individuals and teams to deliver the outcomes of the Directorate Business Plan and Corporate Plan
- Experience of effective financial management and delivering financial advice at a strategic level across service
- Experience of building effective partnerships, negotiating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.