Head of Health and Safety
Vacancy Ref: 7127980
A position has arisen for an Interim Head of Health and Safety within a prestigious local authority in The South West.
Location: The South West
Duration: 3 months initially
IR35 Status: Inside
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading the Health and Safety advisory team to provide a high quality Health and Safety service to the Council including our maintained schools.
- Providing leadership and management to the Council, working collaboratively with colleagues to contribute to the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of the Council’s vision, priorities, and services
- Responsibility for the day to day operational delivery of the strategic health and safety plans, working with their Service Director by exception on key issues as they arise.
- Delivering high quality services within the budget and resources which are allocated
- Be the leading professional Council for Health and Safety, working closely with directorates to ensure that compliance against legislations achieved
- Establishing plans for managing, deploying and co-ordinating resources in a well-planned and controlled manner, ensuring service requirements and resource levels are fully identified and corporate improvement is achieved
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Chartered Membership of IOSH or equivalent
- Management qualification or on the job experience
- Post graduate or professional qualification in safety management and/or risk management
- Safety improvement methodology or knowledge of quality improvement technique
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and guidance that apply to health and safety, with experience of advising on compliance
For further information, please contact Olli Attwood or Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to OAttwood@venngroup.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.