We are recruiting for an experienced Interim Service Director (Safeguarding and Family Support) for a Local Government Organisation within the West Midlands. The role is to start ASAP and will be for an initial period of 3/6 months.
Our client needs someone who has experience working at a similar level within local government and who has a Social Work Qualification. If this applies to you please get in touch as high daily rates and homeworking are on offer for the right candidate.
- Responsibility for Early Help, MASH and Assessment, CP and Court, and Corporate Parenting services
- As a member of the Directorate Leadership Team, you will be expected to lead by example, role modelling our values and working collaboratively and cohesively to deliver effective services.
- The post holder will be fully responsible and accountable for all areas within their remit and empowered to make decisions in relation to the outcomes they are working to achieve.
- Responsible for leading improved outcomes in Children’s Social Care by raising Standards, Quality and Performance
- Provide effective professional leadership, exercising overall responsibility for the management and performance of relevant Heads of Service, including supervision of professional standards and competence, management of individual performance and development and improvements to service delivery and practice
- Lead the cultural, workforce and other changes to secure the transformation of Children’s services by creating the conditions for others to perform and innovate. Robustly challenge ineffective working practices and poor performance
- Develop and embed a performance culture that delivers results in terms of better outcomes for local people through rigorous open challenge, personal accountability, disciplined execution, and continual improvement.
- Ensure that effective risk management arrangements are in place to maximise the ability to identify and take up opportunity, and to minimise the Council’s exposure to risk and uncertainty, whilst encouraging creative thinking and innovative practice
- Maintain robust budgetary monitoring controls ensuring effective budgetary management is exercised by Heads of Service and that all resources are managed efficiently and effectively within finite resources.
- Ensure the existence of a common system of planning, monitoring, evaluation, and review for the service, complementary to the rest of the Council and consistent with statutory requirements.
- Maintain an oversight of and play a key role in shaping the market for high quality children’s social care and early help services by building and maintaining effective relationships with key partners, service providers and stakeholders; managing risks to the local market and ensuring contingencies are in place.
- Must be a qualified Social Worker with extensive relevant local government experience
Duration: 6 months initial
Rate: The client will consider CV’s dependant on experience
IR35 Status: Inside
Full JD available once interest is registered
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Local Government Specialist team by following the link.