Interim Transport and Stores Manager
Start: March 2023
Duration: Until the end of May 2023 initially
Rate: £27p/h umbrella (Inside IR35) – negotiable pending on experience
You will be required to lead on the strategic and operational functions of the Transport and Stores functions of the Environmental Division in support of the Councils corporate objectives. Manage and control resources to provide an efficient and effective fleet service ensuring all vehicles and plant meet the standards required by the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) in order to comply with the “Operators Licence”.
- Manage the Council’s Stores, Depot and related waste management facilities
- Be the designated CPC holder for the authorities Operating Licence
- Provide leadership on key issues associated with the functions of Transport and Stores for Members, Chief Officers, Head of Service and managers
- Input into transport related activity including encouraging decarbonisation initiatives for the Council and the wider community
- Keep abreast of industry developments, including decarbonisation of the fleet and green initiatives, and formulate policy, structure, systems, procedures and strategy for the Transport and Stores
- Develop Business Continuity Plans in relation to the services of Transport and Stores
- Investigate opportunities for income generation and external funding with regards Transport and Stores including green initiatives and submission of funding applications
- Ensure transport services meet industry best practice standards i.e. APSE benchmarking and Freight Transport Association Inspection Service
- Manage the Grey Fleet Policy providing technical and professional support
- Work in conjunction with and provide a positive input into the wider management of Environmental Services and contribute to the development of Council policy and the culture of one team
Please note it is essential to have a National CPC for an Operating
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.