Senior IT Technician (Desktop)
Venn Group is currently on the lookout for a Senior IT Technician to join a leading public sector organisation on a long-term basis as an IT Desktop Engineer
Day to day duties / Skills:
- Provide a proficient IT support service to staff
- Provide local and remote support for all hardware, software and network faults.
- Support calls from the service desk are escalated as necessary to support technicians for ownership and closure
- Ensure incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with priority levels and service requirements wherever possible
- Update the service desk system calls, ensuring calls are monitored and resolved within our Service Level Agreements
- Escalate any calls that cannot be resolved to the relevant team member, and to continue to assist in the resolution
- Inform the Senior IT Support Engineer of regular repeat incidents so that they can be progressed through to problem management
- Investigate and manage problems with end user devices, software, systems, local server room and communications technologies which would require analysis or comparison of a range of options
- Carry out service requests, and maintenance work packages and tasks to ensure the reliability of IT services to end users
- Provide assistance and feedback to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation of request
- responsible in the installation and configuration of end user equipment, systems, software, systems and communications technologies for use by staff across the organisation
- Manage systems for the automated deployment and support of desktop operating systems and applications
- Responsibility for patch management and anti-virus on desktop and mobile devices
- Support the development, testing and implementation of IT systems across the offices
- Participate in the auditing of hardware and software ensuring that the asset registers are maintained
- Managing the disposal of both data media to appropriate data security standards and IT equipment to appropriate environmental standards
- Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services by providing IT training, and highlight any further IT training requirements to the user or appropriate line manager
- Provide specialist knowledge and guidance on the technical aspects of systems and services, and act as a local expert and reference point
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and supervise contractors as required
- To regularly support junior team members, for example in the delivery of day to day activities including the allocation of work.
- Able to concentrate and carry out duties required by the role whilst dealing with frequent interruptions from customers
- To manage own workload and use own time effectively and productively.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the senior management team.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the department and the organisation.
Rate: Up to £17.62 per hour (umbrella rate)
Duration: 11 months
To apply for this role or to find out about other IT jobs, please contact Alex Parcei on the North East IT Recruitment team on 0113 234 6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates