We are working with a public sector organisation in London who are looking for a ITSS Technician to help support the team in their BAU operations.
Core deliverables of this post include:
- Assist by supporting users with IT issues they are experiencing.
- Help to implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ensure that the school’s resources are managed effectively and efficiently to bring about optimum access for all network users.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours, in response to service demands
Required skills/experience includes:
- Provide 1st line support for all issues reported through the help desk, logging the issues as they occur or raising issues as appropriate. Diagnose faults, assist users, investigate causes and provide both short-term alleviation and, where possible, final resolution and closure
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved to team members, communicating the issue effectively and concisely to ensure an effective handover. Manage ongoing communication with affected end-users.
- Contribute to the on-going implementation and development of projects within the team and collaborate with colleagues to meet deadlines and fulfil the project goals and objectives of the department.
- Maintain the smooth operation of school AV equipment such as projectors, interactive whiteboards, displays, presentation equipment, and other audio-visual aids
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve the service delivered by the IT department and to foster a reputation for excellence from both staff and students. Assist other team members in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Support assemblies, meetings, events, open days and after-school events on occasion as required. Assist the Exams team with the planning and set-up for examinations
- General physical work such as moving/installing computers, printers, switches, server room maintenance etc.
- Perform diagnosis procedures on PCs, mobile devices, phones, peripherals and applications.
- Advise on compatibility of hardware, applications and operating systems, according to user requirements.
- Assist with the install, configuration and deployment of applications. Troubleshoot application install issues, identify application compatibility issues and install essential software patches.
Get in touch with George on firstname.lastname@example.org or Yosra email@example.com if you are interested in this position.