Job Title: Janitor
Job Reference: J76376
Venn Group have been approached by a local housing association in Northallerton to recruit for a Janitor on a temporary ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role previously
Day to Day Duties
- Remove waste bags from designated bin stores and other localities to central bin collection areas and to ensure bin areas are kept clean and tidy
- Provide efficient and effective janitorial support to the Scheme/ establishment including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and that systems operate at optimum efficiency
- Assist in the delivery of excellent customer focused services
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the scheme’s current requirements
- Opening and closing of premises including gates, doors, windows for the purpose of resident’s use, room lettings, maintenance and emergency services
- Conduct and document health & safety inspections of the premises both inside and out at the agreed frequency, reporting any non-compliant issues to the scheme manager or relevant service area
- Check and monitor systems and functions as required e.g. regular checks of heating systems, thermostatic radiator valves, water temperatures with due regard to appropriate safety requirement
- Replace lamps/bulbs and domestic fuses, and synchronise clocks, time switches etc.
- Report all defects and malfunctions to the scheme coordinator and repairs department
- Maintain appropriate records including repair orders, and heating system records, carry out meter readings for the organisation
- Attend to, where necessary, personnel visiting the site such as contractors
- Carry out and document weekly fire alarm tests, emergency lighting tests, and assist with evacuation procedures. To ensure emergency exits are not obstructed
Requirements of the Role:
- 2 years Janitorial experience or similar field
- Experience of providing handyperson service to vulnerable people within office and residential settings in a supervisory capacity
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.