Job Title: Licensing Enforcement Officer
Job reference: TCN/636700
Job description: A Local Authority in Yorkshire is looking for a Licensing Enforcement Officer to assist in protecting public safety and animal welfare providing technical and enforcement services in the FLOS Team and is jointly responsible for the delivery of the inspection programme and enforcement across the district.
The role is to start in August until March 2021.
- Take a lead role for the provision of complex specified service areas, dealing with complex and non-routine enquiries
- Responsible for developing and reviewing policy and procedures e.g. Taxi “rulebook”, Criminal Record, Enforcement, Licensing Act, Gambling Act, Street Trading, charity collections etc.
- Deliver a risk based inspection programme of all licensed premises focused on performance targets e.g. animal boarding, riding establishments, zoos, scrap metal, licenced premises, alcohol, gambling, caravan sites etc.
- Decide when a licence application has been properly submitted, and where relevant, decides what conditions should be attached to a licence. Decide on licence approval or refusal making reference to local procedures, county policy, legislation, government guidance and regulations to a greater or lesser degree depending on availability. Refers to a hearing when appropriate
- Determines contested applications, reports to hearing and court appeal
- Takes enforcement action, serves legal notices, suspends and revokes licences as appropriate. Has responsibility for enforcement outside of normal working hours. Undertakes recorded interviews under caution. Prepares prosecution file in accordance with the Safer Communities Enforcement Policy. Prepares own witness statements and those of witnesses, attends court and gives evidence.
The successful candidate will need to have experience working as Licensing Enforcement Officer within a Local Authority.
Hourly rate: £23.88
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson (email@example.com) or Thomas Nicholas (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.