Venn Group are currently working with a local government organisation who are in need of an experienced Chief Accountant to join them on an interim basis for 5months initially, with likely extension.
Please see below for further information on the role:
- Our client needs someone who can get the accounts done, specifically someone experienced in the closure of accounts and year end
- The individual will have management responsibility for a technical accountant and two reconciliation people in the team
- Lead on compiling the 2020/21 Accounts (estimated timescales April to Mid-June)
- Lead on compiling the 2021/22 Accounts – from July to October
- Advance the Councils corporate financial control framework, reducing the present backlogs in terms of key reconciliations by the end of June and moving into a Robust ongoing process from that time
- Liaison with external Audit through both compilation processes
- Leadership of the control team
- Experience of closure of accounts is a must
- Local Authority background
- Ideally you will be fully qualified
They would like the candidate to be in the office approx 2 days per week, just to make sure the team are ok and offer support where needed. However this is not essential and full time home working will also be considered.
Hours: 37 hours pw, 5 days a week – 4 days will also be considered
Start: ASAP, but will accept candidates on a longer notice period if necessary
Rate: Client is open to considering market rate
Full JD Available on request
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.