A brand-new position has arisen for a Management Accountant to work for a Educational Institution based in Kent.
Are you looking for a new challenge managing a commercial services team?
If so, this could be the post for you. The Management Accountant will work with the Head of Corporate Services and other senior managers to ensure the effective management and reporting of revenue and capital budgets to meet departmental and organisation strategic objectives.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget, reporting against actual results throughout the financial year
- Produce full monthly management accounts including accruals and prepayments, KPIs and monthly commentary
- Support the department budget setting, maintenance, and planning process to facilitate strategic planning and financial sustainability
- Contribute fully to strategic direction and policy
- Maintenance of department Income and Expenditure to ensure effective control and reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Information provision and training for non-finance staff including Budget and Cost Centre Controllers to ensure they understand financial information presented
- To line manage the Accounts Analysts and the Stores Supervisor to ensure that all information is consistently reported
- CIMA Part Qualified (Desirable)
- Experience of HE sector or other public body (Desirable)
- Professionally part qualified (CCAB or equivalent)
- Proven experience in financial management of multiple budgets in a medium to large Organisation
- Experience of managing a team
- High level of computer literacy, excellent skills in spreadsheet, word processing and database packages
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Agency Reference Number: 60568
Salary: £36,386 - £40,931 per annum
Hybrid Role – 3 days working in the office and 2 days working from home
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.