Math's & English Tutor
3 days a week Mon, Wed, Thurs – can be flexible
Blended learning approach
• Design, plan and deliver the English and/or Maths curriculum in line with the Education Inspection Framework (EIF), awarding body standards and curriculum guidance and quality standards.
• Implement the English/Maths strategy aims to ensure the needs of Learners are met.
• Manage the delivery, quality and performance of English/maths curriculum pathways, developing and sharing best practice across education
• Utilise Initial and diagnostic assessments to set programmes and regularly assess and measure progress from starting points and attainment of skills and qualifications through ILPs.
• Support the development of maths and English SOW and lesson plans to ensure a high standard of teaching in these subjects.
• Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback so that learners develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours to progress to their next steps.
• Develop appropriate learning resources, facilities and environment to support high quality teaching and learning, prepare learners for the world of work/further study, and contribute to wider good practice in team/directorate
• Actively engage with and support learners in decisions that affect their learning and outcomes and as part of wider planned learner voice activity.
• Prepare and enter learners for assessments and exams in a timely way including attending IV and standardisation meetings.
• Take an active part in the recruitment of learners providing appropriate advice and guidance, contributing to marketing activities.
• Support vocational teachers to enhance English and Maths delivery within their vocational lesson planning and delivery.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets.
If you are immedaitly availabel to start a new role and have experience delirving Maths and English upto GCSE Level and with the awarding body AQA - then please call on 0121 616 0660 or email email@example.com