Contact length: 3 months
Hourly rate: up to £18 DOE (via umbrella company)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Media Officer to join our highly esteemed clienton an interim basis for 3 months.
Duties will include:
- Lead on media output including devising and implementing media strategies on designated areas of the organisation’s work
- Support the head of news and senior media officers in managing the profile of the organisation on reputation management issues
- Forge and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including key journalists
- Lead project teams where appropriate and task manage communications staff in delivery of those projects
- Conceive and develop, in partnership with the wider media team, creative communications solutions to raise awareness of key strategic objectives
- Work, as required, on a range of national and international media work assignments, including the drafting of communications plans, Q&As and press communications, as part of project team work liaising with other departments and teams as necessary across the organisation
- To liaise with other organisations to agree, craft and promote joint, sector-wide communications materials and positioning statements on key policy issues
- Assist in the regular reporting, as required, of media activity and campaigns, using the data obtained, to improve our output and to evaluate our ability to reach target audiences with key messages
- Offer support and link, as required, to international projects and societies around the world. In particular, to offer support to partner societies as required and where capacity allows.
- Develop in depth knowledge about multiple areas of policy and programme work both domestically and overseas.
- Help facilitate national and international media field trips, briefing and accompanying journalists, photographers and videographers covering news stories on the impact that the Red Cross is making overseas and in the UK.
- Sound working knowledge of the media in the UK with a strong understanding of what makes a good story.
- An understanding of digital media and how social media is affecting the news environment
To apply for this role or to find out about other Communications jobs, please contact Cameron O’Donnell or Riley Garnett on the South West Communications Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email email@example.com