National and accredited law firm seek an enthusiastic Mental Health Paralegal to assist their expanding West Midlands office. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your legal skill set within a highly reputable team. The firm offers countless development and progression opportunities and prides themselves on cultivating a social and supporting working environment.
The department carries out legal aid for clients detained under the Mental Health Act, so a main part of the role will be visiting and interviewing clients within hospital and care home settings. You will be required to advise on and complete documentation throughout hearing processes and assist esteemed Solicitors with their caseloads. Preparing court bundles and making legal aid applications will also be a key aspect of the role.
Experience within a Mental Health department would be beneficial however, full training will be provided so it is not essential.
- Training contracts and alternative qualification routes provided
- Competitive salary dependent on experience, ranging from £19,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Short walk from local amenities and town centre
- 20 days holiday exclusive of bank holidays and extra day holiday for length of service
- Outstanding opportunity to work with reputable and astute legal professionals
- Car parking on site and permit provided
- Full driver’s license and access to a car
- Experience assisting department in private or public law setting
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and ambitious attitude
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
Please apply for this role online or contact Josie Stewart at Venn Group via phone, email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.