Banking Internal Audit Manager - VP & AVP positions
Venn Group are working with a global bank in London recruiting for both VP and AVP level Internal Audit Manager positions to undertake and manage audits across a range of activities and supports teams of auditors to deliver in depth testing and review to support audit opinions. Previous internal audit experience is required to demonstrate a track record in effective internal audit delivery and management.
The Audit Manager is primarily accountable and responsible for the timely delivery of an internal audit assignment. This includes:
- Preparation of planning material to ensure that the internal controls covering the key risks are appropriately tested in order to provide reasonable assurance to the Board, Group Management, Entity Management and other stakeholders, including regulators, that an effective internal control environment exists.
- Overseeing the work performed for the audit assignment by other team members. Providing guidance and support to team members as necessary.
- Directing testing to cover key areas of risk and determine the scope and focus in agreement with the Audit Partner of the review, and share expertise in their area with other team members.
- Preparing draft Audit Control Recommendations for review by AD Management. The ACRs musts be factually accurate and clearly communicate the findings and recommendations. The Audit Manager must clearly communicate the issues to AD Management and then to business Management including senior stakeholders. In doing so, the Audit Manager may experience some significant challenge and must therefore be resilient and articulate in their presentation of the issues.
- Preparing the final internal audit report. The report must clearly communicate areas of positive assurance as well as areas where improvement in the internal control environment is required.
- Undertaking follow-up and closure of internal audit recommendations. This process requires the validation of action taken by line Management for the closure of all High and Moderate Priority recommendations and the provision of assistant and guidance to Management.
Those appointed to the position will need to maintain an awareness of the regulatory landscape affecting the banking industry, advising the bank of any imminent and long-term actions that it must take in order to adhere to the regulator’s requests. This role involves regularly working alongside the Head of Audit to provide advise on risks to the business, plan for the future development of the department, and add value to the bank.
It is essential that applicants come from a Financial Services background, preferably with accountancy experience working at a Big 4 Accounting firm. Candidates must have demonstrable experience implementing IT Audits, ensuring that the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT) framework is met, and that maximum coverage and assurance is provided for the department.
This role requires regular interaction with and communication between departments and senior management, therefore candidates must display excellent stakeholder engagement skills. This role will require both ad hoc and regular attendance of, and presenting to, various Audit and Risk Management Committee meetings.
To explore this opportunity further, please apply to this advert in order to contact Venn Group’s Financial Services team.