Operations Lead - Help and Protection
We are currently working with a large West Midlands council who require the interim assistance of an Operations Lead to manage a team of Social Workers – including a TM, who are working with children who are in court proceedings.
This is a key role, accountable for delivering a designated service within Children’s Services in Coventry. This is both a tactical role and a strategic role, bearing the responsibility of managing the delivery of high quality, inclusive services for vulnerable children, young people and adults on a day-to-day basis, as well as planning and implementing a programme of improvement work to meet the demands of the three year Ofsted inspection cycle
Please see below for more details
- To work with partners and stakeholders across the city to successfully deliver multi-disciplinary services, programmes and projects with the aim of achieving the best possible outcomes for children and young people
- Lead a designated part of the service. This will involve engaging with all stakeholders to implement the Children’s Services strategy and set out plans related to their service area
- Line management of a number of teams (between 3 – 7) within Children’s Services. This will involve workforce planning to ensure that there are the right number of suitably trained staff to deliver services
- To manage employees effectively with a strong focus on performance management and holding team members to account for practice.
- To engage with children and young people, ensuring that the views and feelings of are reflected both in the services they receive
- To audit and evaluate the performance of services against annual service targets and taking remedial action where necessary
- To co-ordinate the work of the teams with other departments and external agencies to meet the holistic needs of children, young people and their families across the whole journey of the child
- Deputise for Strategic Lead as necessary and attend internal and external meetings on their behalf as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing frontline services working with vulnerable children, young people and their families within at least one of the service specialisms
- Previous local government experience
- Preferable an accredited social work professional status (CQSW, DipSW, CSS) and HCPC registration
- Up to date strategic knowledge of effective social work and childcare practice
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
Duration: 3-6 months with likely extensions
Fully Remote Working
Full JD available upon request
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.