Duration: Temporary, 3 months/ on going
Location: Shrewsbury/ Staffordshire
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Rate: £21 - £26 per hour (Umbrella)
The role for the Pharmacist will be working alongside the mental health older people services, specialist and forensic services and learning disability services. For this position, they are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is 3 months with possible extension.
Outline duties below:
- Providing an inpatient clinical pharmacist service to nominated wards. This will require working across the clinical directorates of mental health working age adults, mental health older people services, specialist and forensic services and learning disability services
- Visiting allocated wards to regularly review prescribed medicines and professionally check prescriptions, thereby ensuring compliance with UK and European medicines legislation, SPCs, national guidance, and the Trusts policies, procedures, formulary and guidelines
- Providing pharmaceutical input at multidisciplinary team meetings and rapid review meetings, ensuring follow up and accurate completion of technician-led medicines reconciliation and where necessary undertaking patient medication histories and devising pharmaceutical care plans
- Providing practical, high quality, evidence based information on medicines to staff and ensuring medicines information provided to patients and carers is meaningful
- Supporting the Self-Administration of Medicines scheme on designated wards, ensuring it operates both safely and effectively
- Providing pharmacist support to the dispensary for professionally checking prescriptions, responding to medicines information queries and supporting accuracy checking technicians in accuracy checking dispensed medicines as required
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron or Leo Steeden on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations