An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Post Award – Research Finance Officer to work for a leading London University.
The post holder will be responsible for the sound financial management of a research portfolio of accounts and the mitigation of financial risk in line with funder requirements and college policy.
Job responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for all aspects of post award research administration
- Accurately calculating and transferring overheads, indirect and estates costs to Departments and Faculty
- Maintaining accurate reconciliations of all accounts within the portfolio
- Downloading, interpreting, and manipulating systems-based financial data for internal and external customers
- Generating invoices in line with the Terms and Conditions of the funders
- Preparing and completing basic and complex financial statements for sign off by Grants Manager
- Dealing with general day to day queries from Departments and Credit Control on all aspects of research administration
- Administrative experience within the Higher Education, NHS, charitable or related research sectors or funding bodies
- A Finance qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in research administration
- Basic knowledge of research grants and contracts (Desirable)
- Experience of Oracle based systems (Desirable)
- IT skills, especially in finance related software and Excel
Agency Reference Number: J73917
Length of contract: 9 months
Hourly pay rate: £18 - £22
Hybrid Pattern: 2 days onsite/ 3 days working from home
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted so early applications are encouraged.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.