PR and Media Officer Vacancy
Venn Group is looking to fill a PR and Media Vacancy for a prestigious University in Surrey, with an immediate start.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Proactively identify, plan, own and deliver targeted and creative media relations and PR activity across owned and earned channels in order to enhance the university’s profile and reputation across local, national and international audiences
- Maintain an awareness of and monitor the current news agenda, higher education agenda and the student recruitment cycle. Using this to identify new media trends and PR opportunities as well as to identify opportunities to promote relevant stories and offer internal experts to provide commentary
- Develop and grow relationships with colleagues across the university, in particular with the academic community
- Maintain a network of contacts including local, national and international journalists and influencers
- Create, manage and update engaging content for defined pages on the university’s website
- Plan, research and distribute creative content to support PR and media relations activity. Content might include, but is not limited to, written media materials, creative photography and creative multimedia content for print, web and social media platforms, ensuring all appropriate internal and external approvals have been obtained
Contract type: Permanent
Days per week: 5
Per annum: 36,422 – 38,960 (Depending on experience)
Working Pattern: 1 day on-site, 4 days WFH
If you are interested in this position and available on short notice, please send your updated CV to Sean Manuel email@example.com or call 020 7557 7667 to discuss this vacancy further.