A Local Government organisation in the Midlands is looking for an Principal Contracts Officer (Waste), to manage key, high value (£3 to £10 million per annum) waste contracts, support the development of waste management services and to plan and implement operational service developments.
Please see the details below:
Principal Contracts Officer (Waste)
Rate: Negotiable Hourly Rate (Inside IR35)
Duration: Until September 2023 initial with chance to go permanent
- Manage key waste contracts, including Treatment, Recycling, Energy from Waste (EfW) and Landfill contracts
- To be responsible for maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies, District & Borough Councils and communities to promote and meet the Council’s and Department’s services and objectives
- To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible
- To be responsible for technical advice to Members, partners, customers and stakeholders to ensure appropriate communication and dialogue takes place; including writing reports
- To support the performance management of services and teams through the departmental business planning process to drive continuous improvement in the delivery of Departmental and Service outcomes; monitoring and reporting on progress as required
- Lead major service development and procurement exercise
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management (MCIWM) (Desirable)
- Significant experience in the procurement and management of waste contracts (or contracts of a similar nature)
- Budget management, forecasting and reporting for significant value budgets
- Interpreting and writing technical and non-technical reports and providing technical advice to stakeholders, including to senior managers and elected members
If you are interested in this position, and feel you fulfil the requirements, please forward me an updated version of your CV, and one of the team will be in contact with you.