Principal Ecology Officer
We are currently working with a local authority who require the interim assistance of a Principal Ecology Officer who will contribute to the development of an integrated design service that contributes to the inclusive economic growth agenda for the city.
- Provide an expert source of advice, guidance and support on all matters relating to the areas ecology, natural environment, nature conservation and biodiversity
- Lead the development and management of databases regarding the natural environment.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of strategic sub-regional and local planning and related policies and programmes
- To lead and assist others in the development, implementation and monitoring of nature conservation and environmental improvement projects, including the securing of funding and resources
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with other related organisations and support to relevant working groups
- To prepare briefs and reports on a range of issues, including impact assessment and monitoring
- To represent the interest of the Directorate and City Council as required together with external clients as appropriate
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience and a working knowledge of urban nature conservation, ecology, biodiversity including a minimum of 3 years working at a senior level
- Working knowledge and understanding of the planning process
- Knowledge and understanding of EU, National, Regional and Local Biodiversity Action Planning
- Experience in dealing with the wide range of environmental issues particularly as they relate to urban areas and the theme of sustainability
Please note: Site visits and inspections as required for all aspects of the work; socially in connection with appraisals of developments and sites
Duration: 2 months
Location: West Midlands
Rate: Negotiable based on experience via umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Full job description available by request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team or call us on 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.