Principal Finance Business Partner
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation in the East Midlands area, who require the interim assistance of a Principal Finance Business Partner to lead 10 members of staff in a high paced Finance department.
- To support the Financial Services Manager in delivery of the key function of business partnering i.e the provision of financial, commercial and strategic support to the Directors, Assistant Directors and Service Managers.
- Support the Financial Services Manager in delivering a balanced and sustainable Medium Term Financial Strategy
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the work of the Technical and Exchequer Team
- in order to fulfil statutory obligations, maximise resources, and to support staff development.
- Provide financial advice and technical guidance, together with innovative financial solutions and strategies in order that informed and timely decisions can be made by officers and Members.
- Ensure that all internal and external management and financial accounting deadlines are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full CCAB qualification
- Experience of working within a Local Authority financial environment
- Experience of managing tasks, and leading projects and people, to achieve deadlines
- Experience of liaison with Budget Managers and Senior Officers
- Experience of liaising with external bodies
- The ability to communicate complex technical matters to non-financial and senior finance colleagues
Start: January 2022
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6 months with possible extensions
Full JD available upon request
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.