We are working with a Council in the Midlands who are looking for the Interim assistance of a Principal Planner - Mineral Waste Planning
Please see below for more details:
Start: Mid July
Rate: Negotiable (Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months initially with likely extensions
Hybrid Working Arrangement – Onsite visit in Derbyshire
- To be responsible for managing major mineral waste planning applications (including those with Environment Statements), complex pre-applications and ROMP submissions
- Monitoring and performance of a programme of projects as set out in the Service and Team Plans
- Manage the delivery of a number of cross departmental and partnership projects, working with multiple partners and stakeholders, defining and working to project timescales
- Technical experts as a reference point in a particular specialism of the service and dealing with the most complex planning applications/projects
- Direct line and matrix management of Planners, Enforcement and Monitoring, Planning Technicians
- Responsible for the management of short and medium term programme of projects across their service areas
- Supervise, organise and motivate staff to assist colleagues on planning issues
- Assist in mentoring those staff working in new areas of planning
- Manage projects/initiatives or contribute to larger complex projects / initiatives under the direction of line management, including the processing of large scale EIA development applications and other related planning matters, the preparation of Local Plans, preparing responses to strategic consultations, developer contributions and monitoring and enforcement.
- Prepare complex reports / documentation under the direction of line management
- Apply specialist technical knowledge and expertise to assess situation/ problems, develop and recommend feasible added value outcome solutions
- Experience of delivering the following planning functions:
- Major and/or complex planning applications, including Environmental Impact Assessment and Review of Mineral Permissions.
- Negotiating planning obligations and other agreements
- Experience of the Spatial planning system / spatial
- National and Strategic consultations
- Enforcement and Monitoring
- Joint working under the Duty to Co-operate
- Relevant degree, diploma or equivalent qualification which gives eligibility for full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or other relevant professional body
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.